At iFixit (iFixit Australia Pty Ltd), we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For all our services, the data controller — the company that’s responsible for your privacy— is iFixit (iFixit Australia Pty Ltd).
At any time you can withdraw your consent by dropping us a line at email@example.com
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information in a number of different ways depending on the nature of the information. The information below sets this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
- We use your name and contact details to do the following:
- We use your payment information to do the following:
- We use your contact history with us (what you’ve said to us whether over the phone, through email or via social media) to do the following:
- We use your purchase history and saved items (what you’ve bought or stored in your basket) to do the following:
- We use information about your device usage. This might include whether you browse our website on a mobile phone or laptop, or how you use our website:
- We use information from accounts you link to us (what we do if you link your Facebook accounts to us)
- We use your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions to do the following:
You are under no obligation to provide any personal information to iFixit. However, your experience with iFixit may be affected and you may not be able to utilise some of our services. If you choose not to provide certain personal details, we will do our very best to ensure you still receive the best iFixit experience possible.
We also anonymise and aggregate personal information so we can use customer data to inform business decisions without the customers themselves being identified. We use this anonymous data for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and app, and developing new products and services. We also share this information with third parties
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data – including your name, address, or email address – to any third party.
However, we do share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that provide services to supply your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers and delivery companies.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can protect ourselves and our customers against fraud.
- Companies approved by you, such as any social media sites you’ve chosen to link to your iFixit account or payment service providers.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers. We will not provide such third parties with any information that could be used to identify you.
If you have said you’d like us to, we will send you occasional marketing messages via email/SMS to keep you informed about what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time. You can do this by:
- Changing your preferences in your iFixit account settings or
- Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link included in all iFixit emails or
- Contacting our Customer Service team who will update your preferences for you
Once you have indicated that you no longer wish to receive emails from iFixit, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages from us.
Please note that stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications such as order updates.
SEEING ADVERTS FOR iFIXIT ONLINE
We run online advertisements to keep you informed about iFixit, and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we may show iFixit banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers. We may also employ specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on retained information we have about you or your previous interactions with iFixit. For example, your iFixit search history, the content you read on iFixit, or the iFixit banners and ads you have previously clicked on will inform what we present to you in our online ads.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION
We will retain your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as it is needed to be able to provide our services to you. In the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Service team, your details will only be retained for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or to enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
It’s important to us that you understand your rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, unless it is required for business operations such as tax or legal purposes
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator
CHANGES TO HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
We may change this page from time to time to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the iFixit website or other iFixit services, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to engage with iFixit.
- Site functionality cookies
- Site analytics cookies
- Customer preference cookies
- Targeting or advertising cookies
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
HOW TO CONTACT US
We always want to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better).
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
Please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly Customer Service team, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
We strive to only send emails we think are important to you. If you’d like to unsubscribe from the iFixit mailing list, you can opt out here.